In the early 1980s, the castle had lost much of its charm, with brambles, weeds and wild flowers having invaded the gardens. It took a trained eye to distinguish the orangery, buried under the rubble and hundreds of ivy plants.
This was when the idea to redevelop this beautiful castle to celebrate the artists that have so marked the valley of the Oise - the Impressionists - was born.
Acquired in 1987 by the Conseil Général du Val d’Oise, the area was completely restored before its opening in May 1994 with the Parcours-Spectacle: “Voyage au Temps des Impressionnistes” designed by the Cabinet Saint-Bris.
Le Parcours-Spectacle: “Voyage au Temps des Impressionnistes” takes visitors in the footsteps of the great masters of painting that have marked the history of Auvers-sur-Oise: Daubigny, Pissarro, Cezanne, Van Gogh and Monet.
The Château d’Auvers is also a relaxation area, with a park and gardens. Visitors can roam the area freely throughout the year.
Château d'Auvers-sur-Oise is located 35 km from Hyatt Regency Paris – Charles de Gaulle.
Rue de Léry
Tel: +33 1 34 48 48 50
- Villepinte exhibition centre
- Exhibition centre of le Bourget
- Paris International Golf Club
- The Eiffel Tower
- The Notre Dame de Paris Cathedral
- The Louvre Museum
- Parc Asterix
- Chateau de Chantilly
- Main 'Ecuries' (Stables)
- The Living Horse Museum
- Chantilly Racecourse
- Chateau d'Ecouen National Museum of the Renaissance
- Abbaye of Royaumont
- Chateau d'Auvers-sur-Oise
- Maison de Van Gogh
- Stade de France
- France Miniature
- Casino d'Enghien
- Enghien Racecourse
- Choosing Accommodations for Your Business Trip to Paris
- Disneyland Paris - Hyatt Regency Paris - Charles de Gaulle
- Family Holidays near Paris